The CAPCT was formed in 1981 by graduates of the Toronto Child Psychoanalytic Program (TCPP). It is a professional organization for psychoanalytically trained child and adolescent psychotherapists in Canada.
- To provide accessible therapeutic treatment for children and families
- To foster the growth of the profession in Canada
- To promote awareness of the value of psychotherapy for children
- To have input in shaping government policies with respect to the mental health of children
- To provide educational and networking opportunities for our members and the public
- To promote ongoing research in child psychotherapy